The Portuguese Association of Insurers (APS) is a non-profit association, established according to the law to defend and promote the interests of the insurance and reinsurance companies operating in the Portuguese market. The current APS members account for 99% of the insurance market in terms of business turnover and human resources employed by the sector.
Since its foundation in 1982, APS has been a constant presence in the Portuguese insurance sector, defending the interests of its members both nationally and internationally.
The Association’s purposes are:
- To represent and defend the Members’ common interests and disseminate their common positions, both nationally and internationally, to any entities, public or private;
- To promote the cooperation among Members in order to obtain convergent positions on matters of common interest;
- To contribute to the modernization and development of the insurance sector and related activities, namely by promoting the development of communication networks and platforms;
- To defend the prestige of the insurance activity, promote insurance and publicly disclose the activity;
- To promote, in the interest of the Members, in Portugal and abroad, the dissemination of knowledge about the insurance activity, through training, publications, seminars, campaigns and other services that can value and develop the sector;
- To organize and manage services, as well as promote research, sponsor and carry out studies or initiatives that are in the interest of the Members or the insurance activity in general;
- To establish and organize contacts, cooperation initiatives and exchange of information with entities directly or indirectly related to the activity of the Association;
- To participate in other associations, federations and any other legal persons and/or organizations, national or international, public or private, provided that such participation is in the interest of the Members and the Association itself;
- To perform any other activities of interest to the members or the insurance business.